Mobile Deposit Capture Instructions
Once you have enrolled in Mobile Banking, you may utilize Merchant Bank’s Mobile Deposit Capture (MDC) to make check deposits to your Checking or Savings account. (You must first be an Online Banking customer, in order to be enrolled in Mobile Banking.)
- Personal and business checks drawn on a U.S. bank made payable to the account holder can be processed through MDC.
- Checks from Canada and other foreign countries, U.S. Savings bonds, IRD (Image Replacement Documents) and checks with poor image quality must be deposited in the traditional manner at a Merchants Bank branch and unfortunately cannot be processed through MDC.
- Daily Cut Off Time: 4:00 pm, weekdays. Deposits made after this time will be credited the next business day.
- You can view 30 days of deposit history including the image of the deposited item.
- Deposited checks should be retained for 10 days after submission to ensure there isn’t a problem with the deposit. After which time, the check should be destroyed.
- Available with downloadable Mobile Banking app only via iPhone and Android devices.
- $1,000.00 per item
- $2,500.00 daily per user / phone. [NOTE: Friday 4:00 pm until Monday 4:00 pm is considered one business day.]
- A FREE service for most products except the below:
- For Free Checking, Interest Checking and 49 Plus Checking accounts: First five FREE, 50 cents thereafter.
For more information on Merchants Bank checking products click here.
Prior to making the deposit, complete the following steps:
- Endorse the back of the check, including the words “For Deposit Only”.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks.
- The deposit should be done in a well-lit area.
- The check should be placed on a solid dark background before taking the photo.
Making the deposit:
- Log onto Mobile Banking via the TouchBanking App with your Online Banking Credentials, then click on “Log In”.
- Next, select the “Deposits” option from the menu at the bottom of the phone’s screen. Then select “New Deposit”.
- A listing of your accounts will display if selected from within the field under “Account”. Select the account to deposit the funds into. Carefully enter the deposit amount of the check, then select “Continue”.
- You will be prompted to take a picture of the front and back of the check. After each image is taken, select “Use Photo” to send the image, or “Retake”. Images are then uploaded to the server.
- Once you send the image, you will be prompted to confirm the deposit amount. You will see one of two statuses:
- Accepting – Your deposit has already been processed and accepted.
- Pending – The deposit is undergoing further review.
- Failed – The deposit has been rejected. You may need to call your branch contact for more details on the failed deposit.
- ? – There is an unspecified issue with the deposit. Please call your branch for more details.
- The Deposit History screen shows the list of your check deposits and the status for each deposit:
If you have any problems using MDC please call your branch or our toll-free number at 1-877-678-6622.